The work of a teacher never ends. I work all afternoon at the school teaching the classes, and then I work all night and the next morning preparing the classes for the next day, then start teaching in the afternoon again and the cycle just keeps going. When Friday comes, my day off, I work around the house and do all the duties of a wife. Clean house, wash clothes, and then I find a little time to rest and watch a couple of TV shows for relaxation (the English shows of course.. like Cake Boss and Supernanny). And that is life for me right now, but it's a good life. I am still so happy and blessed that I have a job. The feeling of waking up and knowing that people that are counting on me (the sense of responsibility) is rewarding. There are times when I am so tired and I don't want to prepare classes, but I just keep pushing on and know that it will get easier soon.
The two subjects that I am having difficulty with right now are, Economics and Government. I think this is because I didn't really like having to take these subjects in High School. Therefore, teaching them has been a little bit challenging. But I love a challenge. It makes you stronger and you can learn a lot from it. So being a teacher is good. I think I am learning a lot, just like the students are. Although, I have the great advantage of not having to do all the required assignments and final tests.
Today is another working day for me. I am preparing for my classes, so that I don't have to stay up late every night next week. But today, I get to work in a very interesting environment. Joao is finishing up his Masters program for school and he has classes all day on Saturdays. So, today he had to go to a city that is about an hour away from home and I decided to join him. I really didn't want to stay at home by myself and miss him all day, so I told him I would take all of my school stuff and be studying while he has classes. And I must admit, I am getting a lot done in the time that I am here. I have no distractions, like I would at home, and the environment of being at a college reminds me of my years at Mississippi College.
The college is beautiful. The floor is full of mosaic tiles and there are tons of columns and archways throughout the building. It almost has a little bit of a French atmosphere, with little tables and chairs that you could find at a cafe in France and stained glass windows on the grand entrance doors. There is even a small little balcony space by the stairs were you can go and sit and look down at the busy street and see the buildings surrounding you. I told Joao as we were walking through the streets to go eat lunch, as I saw all the old historical buildings, that I felt like we were in another place. There is so much of an artsy look here and I am enjoying the adventure of being here. And the little bit of time that I have had with Joao for lunch and the small breaks in between class is great. A whole lot better than having to go a whole entire day without him. What can I say? He is my sweetheart and being with him makes me happy.
And that's all the news I have for now. Other than the fact that the pretty flower that I was telling you about last week, is now dying. It has made me kinda sad because I was enjoying the violets when I would wash my dishes. Now, I guess I will have to buy a new one or maybe I can ask my father-in-law to help me bring it back to life. I don't think it is completely dead; but then again, I don't know much about gardening and taking care of plants.. haha. I hope all is well with my readers and that you are having a blessed weekend. Until next time.
Love -V
pick your language ↓
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment