BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

pick your language ↓

Saturday, February 8, 2014

There is a "first" for everything...


First time to ride the bus by myself. First time to be a teacher. First week of teaching. First time to teach Brazilian students. First time to eat lunch in a school cafeteria as the teacher and not the student.  And the list could go on and on. As you can see this week involved a lot of "first" things for me. But I think that's what made it so interesting and kept be going throughout the week. I will admit that it has been a very busy and tiring week, but definitely a good one.

I now have a deeper appreciation for teachers and all the hard work they put into each class. Its been a lot of work behind the computer this week, making PowerPoint slides, researching materials, finding videos and pictures to show, and finding anything that might help make the class a little more interesting and fun. And then of course I have been doing a lot of reading for each class. But I found out this week that I love my new job. It requires a lot of hard work on my part, but it is very rewarding at the end of the day when you see your students smiling and having a good time in the class. I love to see my student's face when they understand what we are talking about, and when they get the right answers to the questions that we discuss in class. It's great! I already had one student come up and tell me how much she is enjoying the class and that she really likes the high school program. This is what gives me motivation. I can't fail the students. They have a lot to learn and I am now the one responsible for teaching them all the things they need to know.

So yes there was a lot of nerves at the beginning of this week, and a lot of "first" times for this and that. But I can say that overall, it was a very blessed week. I am learning new things every day and becoming more confident of my life here in Brasil. Just the other day as I was riding the bus home, I realized how much this place is starting to feel like a real home for me. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a great job here and that I am beginning to feel more independent, responsible, and needed again. Which is a very good thing, because I was getting tired of staying around the house all day by myself. It is good to have a purpose and feel successful in life. God is good, and I praise HIM for the peace and strength that HE continues to give me.

And one more thing.... I bought some pretty violets the other day, and I put them right outside my window seal in the kitchen. I am enjoying taking care of the beautiful flower and watching it grow, as it produces new buds and then slowing blooms to its full potential. I love the beauty of God's nature and how even through a simple flower we can see His Love and His Greatness.

Love,
Victoria (the new teacher)


No comments:

Post a Comment